Eggslut - LA Grand Central Market
- for the mashed potatoes
2 medium sized Potatoes
50 g butter (4 tbsp)
125 ml warm milk (1/2 cup)
-for the slut
chives or spring onion
1. Peel your potatoes and cut them into approx. 2 cm large cubes (about 3/4 inch)
2. Put the potatoes in a pot with water, add salt and put it on a stow to boil.
3. Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes, or until soft
4. Drain the water out of the potatoes, add the butter and warm milk and using a potato masher crush into smooth potato mash. If the mashed potato is thick use more milk to make it nice and smooth.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste
6. Divide your mashed potato into small jars (with lids) leaving enough room in each jar for an cracked egg.
7. Using a spoon smoothen out the mashed potato in the jar and carefully crack an egg into each jar. Salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with some finely cut chives or spring onions. Close with a lid.
8. Fill a large pot with enough water to be able to submerge your jars completely.
9. Bring the water to a boil and place the jars in the pot.
10. Lower the heat under the pot to low and slowly cook your sluts for about 15 minutes.
11. The eggs should be still a little runny when served.
12. Serve with some bread and a spoon. And don't forget to mix your slut before eating!
Have a bite!
Your cooking time will vary depending on many variables (the heath of the mashed potatoes, the thickens of the glass your jars are made of, the size of your jars and most importantly how you like your eggs cooked). So just try it out and find out what fits your taste best.
Between the eggs and the mashed potatoes you can add an additional layer of grated cheese, fried pieces of bacon, ham,... or what ever you would like in your slut.
Leave a Reply.
Marijo & Hans